Slingshot's Top Ten Sponsorship Blogs You Should Read 2012
9th May, 2012
I wrote a Top Ten Sponsorship Blogs You Should Read article last year (to view the last list click here) and thought I’d revise the list for 2012. There are some old favourites that have remained on our list, but also some new blogs that have launched which are fantastic reads and definitely worth subscribing to.
As the sponsorship industry changes so much and encompasses so many disciplines and mediums, blogs are just one of the ways that the Slingshot team continues to learn from others. Here are our Top Ten (not in a particular order!):
- Synergy Sponsorship Blog: Great overall sponsorship blog from both a sponsorship and brand perspective. There are many different bloggers and so it provides a good perspective from different angles and the content is always excellent.
- Mike Walsh/Tomorrow Blog: although not technically sponsorship, we discovered Mike at our client’s event the BBC Showcase. Truly inspirational, we’ve been following his blog ever since. A forward thinker in terms of brand innovation, partnerships and the future of marketing.
- Generate Sponsorship Blog: Regularly updated and always worth a read. It is great for sport sponsorship activations and opinions in the sponsorship industry.
- Unofficial Partner – Richard Gillis provides insight on a variety of sponsorship related topics, not to mention he’s a great blogger so it always makes for a great read.
- Ben Wells Blog: This is a fantastic blog – Ben thinks very much in line with us at Slingshot and so we wait with anticipation to receive his insight in our inbox. His experience in the sponsorship industry makes him uniquely placed to provide great opinions into today’s sponsorship marketplace.
- Power Sponsorship: Well known in the industry, Kim Skildum-Reid provides practical sponsorship knowledge and best practice tips.
- Sponsor Park: A good blog, but more helpful in terms of what sponsorship rights are being purchased, where and by whom. Sponsor Park highlight the sponsorship deals signed via Twitter so I’d recommend following them @SponsorPark if that’s a key thing you are interested in.
- IEG Blog: Provides international insight on the brands that IEG works with – namely in reference to analysis and best practice.
- Sports Marketing Frontiers: Another good blog to track newly signed sponsorship deals as well as new sponsorship opportunities that have recently become available.
- Slingshot Sponsorship Blog: And of course, we couldn’t miss out our own blog featuring sponsorship insight, top sponsorship tips, and general sponsorship and brand partnership developments. If you haven’t yet, you can sign up to receive our newsletter here.